On May 15, 2020 the Governor signed Executive Order 202 making Acupuncture an Essential Health Care Service. Thus we are very excited to resume full operations to attend to the health concerns of New Yorkers. Like all Essential Health Care Offices we follow all applicable COVID-19 guidelines for safe practice in medical offices and have a business safety plan in place to minimize the risk of exposure for our patients and staff.
Until further notice all patients with an appointment at Harlem Chi will need to fill out NO EARLIER than 24 hours before their scheduled appointment a COVID Pre-Screening Form which they will receive by email not more than 48 prior to their scheduled appointment. You can download the form, fill it out, and either bring it with you to your appointment or email it to email@example.com.
Please note that the following following policies are in effect in the office:
- Pre-Screening Procedures — As mentioned above, as part of our booking process everyone will receive, 24 hours before their scheduled appointment, a COVID Pre-Screening questionnaire, which they will need to fill out and sign, reviewing any possible COVID related symptoms in the last 14 days. This helps you to not only self-screen prior to coming in but to help you determine whether perhaps a TeleHealth session might be most appropriate. We have been successful in helping people manage their symptoms with herbal formulas during the acute phase of the pandemic and would like to continue to do so. Anyone who self-screens or is turned away because of symptoms of concern will be asked to contact us for an herbal consultation through TeleHealth services.
- Treatment by scheduled appointment only — In order to control all traffic in the office at all times we require that everyone book their appointment online in advance. Until further notice we will not be accepting walk-ins. For those who prefer not to book online please call the office directly at (212) 280-7900 to book your appointment. If someone does not answer we will get back to you as early as possible to help with your booking. With this policy we also seek to minimize the frequency of payment transactions in the office as well.
- In-office screening will include checking your temperature and oxygen saturation level, and questions about symptoms you may be experiencing. Anyone who has acute symptoms and fails the screening will not be able to proceed further but will have the option to book a TeleHealth appointment for further consultation and herbal medicine assistance from their home and/or decide to seek further medical attention.
- Social Distancing in the Front Office – In addition to our reduction in capacity in our community treatment room. We ask that everyone please come alone to any appointments unless you require assistance. Please note that both you and whoever accompanies you must undergo the same above screening process to gain access to the office.
- TeleHealth Services for Pre-Screened Herbal Consultations Only — We instituted TeleHealth services during the pandemic in an effort to respond to the needs of our patients when we were unable to see them. This will not change. However, we do not intend to have TeleHealth substitute for in-person consultations. Our in-person interaction with our patients is critical to how we perform our medicine. At this stage the TeleHealth option will be available onlyfor herbal consultations related to cases we are precluded from seeing in the office due to the pandemic. TeleHealth will also be available on a case-by-case basis for certain follow-up appointments and only when we have done a full in-person consultation prior.
Thank you so much for your cooperation during these difficult times! We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you soon!