The European Union (EU) has created new regulations, called the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR, in order to protect the data and privacy of all individuals within the EU. This legislation was designed to give EU citizens and residents control over their personal data, including when it is exported outside the EU. The GDPR became effective as of May 25, 2018.
Harlem Chi LLC, is fully committed to complying with the GDPR. If you, as one of our patients or clients, are a EU citizen or resident, your rights include:
· You have the right to be provided with clear and easily understandable information about how we use your data and your rights. We have fulfilled this right by giving you this privacy notice.
· You have the right to withdraw and opt-out and may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by contacting us with your request.
· Any information that you give to Harlem Chi, LLC, through emails or the Harlem Chi Community Acupuncture website has been given freely with your implied informed consent.
· You can ask us to change any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
· You can ask us to erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it. However, personal data cannot be erased if there is a pending order/payment up to 180 days after the payment has been processed or if the data is required to be held for security or legal purposes.
· You can ask us to provide you with information about the personal data that we hold about you. This is limited to the personal data you have provided to us with your consent.
· The only personal data (outside of already protected HIPAA compliant medical information) we control and process is the information you’ve given us relating to your contact email or payments through our website. We do not store, track or share any other personal data, except for security or legal reasons.
· You can be assured of the confidentiality of your personal data and it will only be seen by Harlem Chi, LLC Administrators.
· Please note that we do not process the personal data of anyone under the age of 21.
· We will do everything we can to keep your personal data safe and will notify you immediately if our data security is breached.
· Harlem Chi LLC, is the Controller of your data. Hover is the host of our website; Stripe and/or Paypal are Processors of payments. They are also adhering to the requirements of the GDPR.
· Johanne Picard-Scott of Harlem,LLC, is our Data Protection Officer to oversee the compliance with these regulations.
· If you are a EU citizen or resident and wish to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us with your request at: firstname.lastname@example.org.