Because acupuncture works by stimulating the body’s own healing mechanisms it is effective for an incredibly wide range of conditions. As acupuncture is part of a whole and logical medical system, there is almost always an approach for an acupuncturist to take for helping to manage a health problem – or even better, to help you remain pain and illness free. In addition, even if you are in great health by Western medicine’s standards, acupuncture can improve your quality of life by enhancing your mood, boosting energy, and facilitating sleep.
Acupuncture can help manage the daily stresses of modern life; ease aches, pains, and strains; reduce joint and muscle inflammation; improve digestion; fend off colds, flus, and allergies; regulate hormonal cycles; help you cope with chronic health conditions and recover more quickly from injuries and surgery.
Below is a list of some of the conditions acupuncture can help with:
- Acute & chronic musculoskeletal disorders
- Neurological disorders – headache, migraine, post stroke symptoms, Trigeminal neuralgia, Carpal tunnel syndrome and neuropathy;
- Gastrointestinal disorders – constipation/diarrhea, indigestion, IBS, hemorrhoids;
- Respiratory disorders – common cold, sinusitis, seasonal allergies, bronchitis, asthma, rhinitis;
- Gynecological disorders – PMS, irregular menstruation, fertility enhancement, menopause syndrome;
- Cardiovascular disorders – circulatory problems; hypertension
- Emotional disorders – stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression
- Skin disorders
- Weight Loss
Acupuncture is also recognized to help with:
- Cancer treatment support
- Smoking Cessation
- Preventive medicine & wellness maintenance
For a list of conditions the World Health Organization has deemed appropriate for treatment with acupuncture click here.