Your body makes its own medicine. Just as we often don’t use 100% of our brain or muscle capacity, in the same way, our body is often not using the full extent of its self-healing powers. Acupuncture stimulates these healing abilities, giving a surge to your reserves to allow your body to get the upper hand on your health problem.
Acupuncture is one of the oldest and dependable medical therapies in the world. It is by nature simple, safe, and effective. Acupuncturists insert thin, solid, sterile disposable needles into specific areas of the body to help rebalance the internal environment, reduce pain and inflammation, improve psycho-psychic resonance, re-establish homeostasis, and thus treat dis-ease.
According to traditional theories, acupuncture influences the vital force, or Qi, of the body. Biomedical science has proven that acupuncture can regulate the body by many mechanisms, including stimulating the circulatory, lymphatic, respiratory, endocrine, and nervous systems (for a detailed discussion of the modern western theories attempting to explain the effectiveness of acupuncture, click here).]
Because acupuncture works by stimulating the body’s own healing mechanisms it is effective for an incredibly wide range of conditions. Acupuncture is part of a whole and logical medical system that can help to manage a health problem – or even better, to help you remain pain and illness free.
Acupuncture can help with a wide range of conditions and health concerns including:
- Acute & chronic musculoskeletal injuries, pain, and inflammation
- Neurological disorders – headache, migraine, post-stroke symptoms, trigeminal neuralgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, and neuropathies
- Gastrointestinal & Digestive disorders – constipation/diarrhea, indigestion, IBS, hemorrhoids, acid reflux
- Respiratory disorders – common cold/flu, sinusitis, seasonal allergies, bronchitis, asthma
- Gynecological disorders – PMS, irregular menstruation, fertility enhancement, menopause syndrome
- Cardiovascular disorders – circulatory problems; hypertension
- Emotional disorders – stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression
- Skin disorders
- Weight Loss, diabetes, thyroid function
- Hormone Balance
- Cancer treatment support
- Faster post-surgical recovery
- Smoking Cessation
In addition, even if you are in great health by Western medicine’s standards, acupuncture can improve your quality of life by helping you manage the daily stresses of modern life, enhancing your mood, boosting energy, facilitating sleep, strengthening your immune system, and even promoting healthy pregnancy and labor.
For a list of conditions the World Health Organization (WHO) has deemed appropriate for treatment with acupuncture click here.